St James's Lane Limited t/a Land Converter ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.landconverter.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is St James's Lane Limited whose registered office is at c/o Kingly Brookes LLP, 415 Linen Hall 162-168 Regent Street, London, W1B 5TE.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site at www.landconverter.co.uk (our "site") or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
It includes information you provide when you register your interest in receiving further information about our business and services, or you subscribe to any newsletters, mailshots or other information we may provide from time to time and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number as well as information concerning your property ("property information") including details of: its ownership; any mortgage or other security over your property and estimated loan to value; property valuations; easements, covenants and other encumbrances over or binding on your property; tree preservation and similar orders; planning applications obtained, refused or applied for; and plans and photographs of your property.
Information we collect about you.
You have the right to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, including the essential cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of the site, or your user experience may be affected adversely.
We use the following cookies for the following purposes:-
Necessary Cookies: These are cookies which are necessary for the operation of our site. These may, for example, include test cookies to check if cookies are enabled in your browser or cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site;
Analytical/Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about your visit and how visitors use our site. The information collected may include the number of visitors to our site; where our visitors have come from; how long they have spent on our site; what pages and information they have visited and the time spent on each page. These cookies enable us to improve the way our site works and to enhance your user experience. Our site uses Google Analytics and cookies associated with that service. Information on these cookies can be found on the Google Analytics webpages.
Functionality Cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences;
Further information on the cookies we use and the time (except for essential cookies which have no expiry date) when they will expire is included within the table below.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you in the course of evaluating or negotiating a Relevant Property Transaction. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, architects, boundary and property surveyors, planning consultants, tax advisers, property developers, sellers of pre-fabricated and modular building structures, solicitors, licensed conveyancers, anti-money laundering check and credit reference agencies).
A "Relevant Property Transaction" is a transaction between the registered proprietor of a defined parcel of land (together with any buildings, structures and fixtures thereon) on a property ("Development Land") and us or our nominee pursuant to which we, or our nominee, enters into a legally binding agreement, subject to obtaining of all necessary planning permissions and third party consents, for the purchase of the parcel of land in question for an agreed consideration. A Relevant Property Transaction shall also include options to purchase, subject to agreed conditions set out therein, the legal title to the Development Land for an agreed option fee.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you and your property information in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out an appraisal of your Development Land and an evaluation as to whether we may be interested in pursuing a Relevant Property Transaction with respect thereto;
to undertake relevant property searches, anti-money laundering checks, credit reference checks, property surveys, planning enquiries and other due diligence in connection with the possible Relevant Property Transaction;
- to provide you with information about possible self-build and other development ideas which might be appropriate for your property including providing you with information and ideas of possible buildings and other structures including those provided by third party architects and building design companies;
- to prepare legal agreements for and to negotiate and conclude Relevant Property Transactions with you;
- to discuss prospective Relevant Property Transactions and development opportunities related to your property with third party builders and property developers;
- comply with our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data; and
- to notify you about changes to our business or services.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- as explained pursuant to our cookies usage policy referred to above;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- Architects, building structure and materials suppliers, boundary and other surveyors, solicitors, licensed conveyancers, planning consultants, developers and tax advisers in connection with any potential Relevant Property Transaction we are evaluating, discussing or negotiating with you;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any Relevant Property Transaction we, or our nominee may, enter into with you;
- third party developers and investors who may be interested in purchasing or investing in options or property acquired by us from you pursuant to a Relevant Property Transaction;
- anti-money laundering checks; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a Relevant Property Transaction with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you and your property information will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers hosted by us or third party hosting companies engaged by us for such purpose. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use and we shall require third party service providers engaged by us to store and process your data to use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated: 18th January 2017